WHO WE ARE
MindOverMood.com is owned and operated by Christine A. Padesky, PhD and Kathleen A. Mooney, PhD. We are located in Huntington Beach, California. If you have any questions or concerns about this website, you can reach us through our Contact Form.
- We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form
- When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name or e-mail address. However, you can always visit our site anonymously.
INFORMATION USAGE: Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails: the email address you provide may be used to send you information and/or respond to inquiries
If you have subscribed to emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email
Protection of Personally Identifying Information: We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
If we do offer products for sale, all supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and whom are required to keep the information confidential.
We never store credit card information on our servers or computers.
Information Disclosure: We do not sell, trade, or in any way provide your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. Only non-personally identifiable visitor information is provided to other parties for statistical reporting (e.g. Google Analytics).
Third Party Links: We have many external links on our site that point to articles we believe are of interest and value regarding self-help and cognitive behavioral therapy. The CBT NEWS / BLOG articles in MindOverMood.com frequently refer to articles on other sites which we believe are valid and responsible sources. However, please be advised we are not responsible for the collection, use or security of information on these external sites. We encourage you to read their privacy policies since their standards may differ from ours.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: We have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.